- To give students the academic and social skills they need to be proficient in Bangla.
- There are 4 grade levels to assist the student.
- To provide a supportive and fun classroom environment.
- To help the student discover new interests.
- The subjects we will cover during any given school year are:
- Reading and writing
- Nature & Science
- Music and art
- Main focus will be on spoken Bangla.
- Help the student to speak simple sentences by the end of level one.
- Introduce the student to high frequency Bangla word list.
- Numbers in Bangla will be introduced.
- Counting in Bangla will be practiced.
- Learn about Bangla traditions.
- Learn about famous cultural & literary personalities of Bengal.
- Our classroom is a community. In our community, we have rules to help us get along with each other.
- Our class rules are:
- Be respectful and responsible
- Be organized and follow directions
- Be on time
- Be prepared
Homework & Quizzes:
- We will assign about 50 minutes of homework every week. This includes 20 minutes of reading.
- Homework is due following Sunday.
- There will be unannounced quizzes. So be attentive and be prepared for the classes.
Bangla School Calendar